Monday, June 30, 2008

The Pirates of Penzance


Last Thursday Kailey, Scott, Jennie, and I went to see a live show of Gilbert & Sullivan’s Pirates of Penzance. Michael did not go because I am a horrible girlfriend who is not used to having a boyfriend around and so forgot to call and invite him. When I asked him later if he would have even come, he said, “Maybe, but I probably would have resented you for it.” And, I can totally agree with that because it wasn’t awesome.

It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t awesome. It was … um … adults … in pirate costumes … singing (well!) and acting (some not so well) … on a high school stage. In other words, at times it was a tad uncomfortable and embarrassing to watch. But, we still had fun so a positive experience in the end. Plus, now Kailey and I have added a version starring Kevin Kline as the Pirate King to our netflix so hopefully we’ll enjoy that.

No comments: