I was on vacation for a week. Did you notice? I sure did. The reason I didn’t tell you before is that I went home to California for Kristin’s baby shower and it was kind of a surprise and she reads the blog so I had to keep my mouth shut. It was hard.
I almost told her like ten times, not because I was so excited and I wanted to tell her (though that is true) but I really had to bite my tongue (or more specifically erase IMs before pressing send) because the following sentences actually got fully typed before I realized who I was talking to:
- “ugh, I can’t wait to go home next week, I really need a vacation”
- “I’m super excited for Beachside salmon!!” (her shower was at The Beachside)
- “ok I’m an idiot, so I made a list of all the things I needed to do before I leave and I totally didn’t put packing on the list.”
Pictures and more stories to come later but here is what I’ve done since returning to Texas.
1. Took my (ahem) boyfriend to Sonic for his birthday dinner because I am a super awesome girlfriend.
2. Killed two, yes TWO, wasps IN my apartment.
3. Called the Volkswagen dealership because my check engine light is on…again. I think they could hear the displeasure in my voice.