Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fortune Cookies

One of my current pet peeves at the moment is fortune cookies that do not contain fortunes. I don’t mean they are empty, I mean they have some bullcrap proverb or saying in them instead of a fortune. When I eat a fortune cookie I want to know that that at some point in the indeterminate future I am going to receive good news in the mail, or that changes in my work lie ahead, that is the whole point to eating a fortune cookie!!!

This was my “fortune” today:

Good Health is Important. Eat Your Vegetables.

W. T. F.????

Ps: Mom, I still totally remember when you lied about my fortune when I was 4 years old. I haven’t forgotten yet. In fact, that may have been when my obsession with the fortunes in fortune cookie began, so yeah, maybe I blame you.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I hate those types of fortunes too...they're worthless and don't tell you your fortune at all. One of my aunts got a fortune once that said, "now is a good time to become a missing person." haha