Wednesday, July 23, 2008

buc - adj. [buhk]: (1) when internal artistry meets physical expression

You might be thinking to yourself, "what?" And that is what I was thinking almost every time Lil' C opened his mouth last week as guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance. But apparently his job wasn't to judge... "This is what I’m here for…to give you a deeper insight." Okie dokie. Insight away.

"You can’t let that bleed onto the skin of the dance floor, because we can see those wounds and they are deep."
Translation: If you mess up keep going so we don't notice.

"It is a gumball of emotions."
Gumball? Really? I'd have gone jawbreaker maybe, you know because of the layers.

"You guys maintained a nice balance on the fulcrum of character."
Good job?

"You guys are the mediators and the intercessors to communicate and manifest what the choreographers see."
Now THAT is a dancer's job description if I've ever heard one.

"A dancer’s heart is sort of like the mediator’s railroad between music, expression, ingenuity and the dance floor."
I wonder if he knows he used 'mediator' twice.

"It is really difficult to locate the avenue of gain when you are being chauffeured by loss and every opportunity is one step closer to perpetual evolution."
I have no idea what that means but I think it is my favorite.

Oh Lil' C. Come back soon.

No comments: