Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dear Car,

As I sat in the parking lot yesterday trying (unsuccessfully) to get you out of Park and getting more and more annoyed with you I finally realized something, you are mad at me. Upon that sudden realization you easily slipped out of Park and into Reverse. Because of this I would like to offer you an apology.

You grew up in Santa Barbara, the land of moderate temperatures and where everything is close to everything else. I moved you to Texas where you went through a Texas summer of 90+ degree (and quite a few 100+ degree) days and I made you drive a lot. I would also like to apologize again for last winter...





I haven't been a great owner recently, I mean I asked for a new car for my birthday and I bitched about your headlight and we haven't spent a lot of quality time together recently I know. Next paycheck (not tomorrow's because that is going towards your loan and new pair of jeans but in two weeks) we are going to get you detailed, make you all pretty, and I'm calling to set up an appointment to get your oil changed and figure out why your check engine light keeps coming on. I promise.

Truce?

No comments: