Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


I'm pretty sure that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. It has all the same great food as Christmas (mmmm Turkey), and all the family togetherness but it seems to be missing a lot of the stress that goes along with Christmas. Plus, it is an American holiday, I like the idea that everyone in this country is sitting down to a meal and thinking about what they are thankful for all at the same time, Americans need to do more of that.

The one thing that annoys me about this time of year is that Christmas now begins in August. Thanksgiving is becoming the red-headed stepchild of the year, forgotten and ignored until you have to put something in the oven then its like, "Where's Thanksgiving?"

This year I'm thankful for a lot of things, here are some of them:
1. I'm thankful for my family who is supportive of me finishing college and accepts the fact that I didn't go about it the "normal way."
2. I'm thankful for my friends who are always encouraging and helpful.
3. I'm thankful for my down comforter now that it has decided to be 40 degrees in Texas.
4. I'm thankful for my country and its free elections every 4 years.
5. I'm thankful for my puppy who has brought so much joy into my life.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments: