Monday, October 15, 2007

My Life Mix

So I don't claim to know a lot about music. It isn't really my area of expertise. TV & movies I am all over but music is more just something that I enjoy listening to rather than enjoy knowing all the details about. This morning on the radio two of the DJ's were presenting their 90's Hit Mix of songs that they listening to in the 90's and it got me thinking, what was I listening to? Below is my list, one song for each year (okay some have 2) from the very first song I remember talking about to someone and wanting to buy the tape for. I have not included my early love of Raffi just fyi.

1992 - I Wish the Phone Would Ring - Expose
1993 - The Sign - Ace of Base
1994 - Hero - Mariah Carey
1995 - All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow
1996 - You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette
1997 - Bitch - Meredith Brooks
1998 - One Week - Barenaked Ladies, My Hearth Will Go On - Celine Dion
1999 - Bailamos - Enrique Iglesias, Ciega, Sordomuda - Shakira
2000 - Oops, I Did it Again - Britney Spears
2001 - Smooth - Santana featuring Rob Thomas, Right Where I Need to Be - Gary Allan
2002 - The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
2003 - Boys of Summer - The Ataris
2004 - This Love - Maroon 5
2005 - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
2006 - Buttons - Pussycat Dolls, Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
2007 - Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood

So after looking at it it is weird to see the patterns that I went though from an early love of single female singers through my latin music phase and then onto alternative rock and ending up with a country power ballad. Also, I realize that many of the songs I remember are for a specific reason. My Heart Will Go On? Titanic, I loved Titanic, what can I say, saw it 5 times in theaters. Oops I Did it Again? yeah well if you spent your senior year with nothing to do except learn the silly dance routines from music videos you'd be listening to that song a lot too. Buttons? Bachelorette party and that is all I have to say about that.

As for the here and now? I have combined all of the above, my music collection consists of Country, Rock, Latin, a little Hip Hop, Pop, & combinations of the above (yes, including a little hip-hop/country combo, gotta love modern music).

1 comment:

Janelle said...

the other day i was remembering that i saw titanic in the theater twice (once was with my best friend AND her parents) and was embarrassed. i gotta hand it to you for admitting to five.