Wednesday, August 27, 2008

owie

I had kind of a Brian Regan experience yesterday. He does a bit about deciding whether or not to call an ambulance on himself. I wasn't at that point (there was no way I was wasting money on an ambulance) but I was at the point where I was deciding if I needed to go to the emergency room. I had the following discussion with myself:

IT HURTS!!!
you have crappy insurance and no money.
IT HURTS!!!
you barely made it home, how are you going to drive to the hospital?
IT HURTS!!!
if you move, you'll throw up.
IT HURTS!!!
maybe it will hurt less later...

The lowercase letters won out. I didn't go to the emergency room and I did feel better later and am much feeling better today. I'm hoping whatever it was wasn't triggered by the classroom I was in when it started because that is going to add an unnecessary level of stress to Organic Chemistry.

Have you ever had to make that decision for yourself? Up until this point that decision has always been made by my parents. In hindsight they made good decisions, one surgery, 11 stitches, and a necessary morphine induced sleep but let me tell you, it is not the choice you should be making on your own.

Mommy, if you had answered your phone you would have heard this story yesterday. Daddy, I didn't call you because you would have told me to go to the ER and the lowercase letters had already won that argument.

To end this on a funny note, here is the Brian Regan sketch.

No comments: