Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Overheard on the Bus

Most people are pretty quiet on the bus, some are not. Three different times (from three different women) I have heard some slight variation of the below cell phone conversation:

woman: Is so-and-so there?
...
woman: I tried his cell phone and he ain't answerin.
...
woman: Well you tell him that I need my money and he better get it to me now.
...
woman: Whatever, you just tell him I called.
...
*hangs up*
woman: Bitch.

First, you have to imagine that this conversation happens at a volume that the entire bus can hear. Second, I mean "answerin" and not "answering." Third, the "bitch" at the end is non-negotiable, it was the finale to all three conversations.

Two out of three times the woman immediately called someone else (a friend perhaps) and related the whole story to them about how "he ain't gettin [her] the money." I have to imagine that these friends hear this story a lot.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love the "bitch" at the end.