Sunday, July 19, 2009

I'm A Little Embarrassed

but, ok, here goes: I actually kind of totally enjoyed the Twilight movie. Don't get me wrong the movie is completely trashy but I found it to be an enjoyable trashy.

Maybe it was because my expectations were so incredibly low that the movie couldn't help but exceed them but I'm actually looking a little forward to the next movie. Of course that may make me not enjoy the next movie nearly as much.

As I suspected, there just isn't time in a movie to have the same whiny conversation over and over again (major issue with the books) and so the only part that felt whiny to me was the very end when Bella was in the hospital and I was ok with that because it made sense.

On the other hand, the sound effects guy (or whoever made the sound effects final decisions) needs to be fired. I get it, Vampires move fast. The wooshing noise EVERY time they move fast is uneccessary. Also, that tinkling bells noise when he steps into the sun? Annoying.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Haha. I was sort of embarrassed to admit that I really ended up liking Twilight too...so much so that I went out and bought it. It may have something to do with my new semi-obsession with Rob Pattinson though. ;)

Kristin said...

Oh, and I do have to agree with you about the lame sound effects – especially with the tinkling bells.

Victoria said...

He looks a lot better in the movie than he does in real life. I mean he always looks like he is on about day 3 of a shower.

Kristin said...

Oh yeah, he definitely looks a lot better in movies than real life.