Friday, September 16, 2011

Bedside Manner?

So I'm at the vet with Mozzie (annual checkup and rabies shot, nothing wrong) and the vet tech is trying to get his attention. Mozzie is completely ignoring him* as he does. So the vet tech asks, "Is he deaf?" I explained that we (the vet's office thinks Kailey and I are a couple) had originally thought that because he never reacted to loud noises but that he and I had "conversations" so I thought he could hear*. So he says, "Ok, white cats sometime have neurological problems and can show up as blindness or deafness." Then he walks out of the room.

Ummm. That's how you want to end this conversation? Say my cat might be crazy and then leave**?

*Ok, I think he actually might be kind of hard of hearing but I don't think he is completely deaf.

**I'm fairly sure he was just explaining why he was asking the question, not trying to freak me out. And yes, I know these problems run in all white animals of most species.

No comments: